**Dear Caller, The Gianna Centre is OPEN for support to all.
(Due to Covid-19 however, our Centre is temporarily closed).
Please call the numbers below and one of our team will be happy to assist you with all services related to Gianna:
Family and Individual Support/Enquiries:
0428 400 159 or 0419 496 443
0417 392 255
Stay safe & keep well - from all of us at Gianna. Thankyou.**
The Gianna Centre is an independent and Child Safe Organisation. Practical assistance, emotional support, professional referrals and education are the underpinning supports of the centre.
The Centre offers:
- 'A cup of tea service' - someone to listen.
- Emotional encouragement.
- Disability assistance.
- Emergency Relief*
- Material Aid**
- Parenting Programs - clients choose programs they wish to undertake. There are currently 20 programs on offer.
- Secondary School Relationship Workshops - addressing the high rate of unplanned teenage pregnancy.
- Education material - current and evidence based information on pregnancy, parenting, QUIT smoking, women's health, men's health, miscarriage, stillbirth and termination.
- Planned & unplanned pregnancy support.
- Loss & grief support.
- Teaching in natural fertility management/ family planning by a qualified teacher.
- The Gianna Memorial Wall at Remembrance Parks Central Victoria - an opportunity for individuals and families to place a plaque in honour of their babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, abortion and termination.
- Community presentations.
- Peer Support Groups:
- Gianna Mums Connect - a playgroup setupby dedicated volunteers for Mums and their children.
- GPS Care (Gianna Post Suicide Care).
- Sands Australia - Stillbirth and newborn death support (including miscarriage). (A partnership between Sands Australia & The Gianna Centre).
- T.C.F.V.- Bendigo (The Compassionate Friends Victoria) - supporting parents when a child dies.
Whilst we are not a counselling, medical or legal centre, all services offered by The Gianna Centre are supported by the opportunity for referral to an accrediated professional health and welfare organisation. We offer face to face appointments with one of our support team members. Please contact our Centre for support or for further information.
Visit our Emergency Contact (click here) page for the list of emergency telephone helplines for assistance.
*subject to funding availability.
**subject to availability.