The Gianna Centre offers parenting education workshops for parents, extended family, carers, and friends on a variety of parenting and associated topics*. These workshops are conducted in a warm and friendly environment with other families at similar stages in life. Coming together to share about the challenges of parenthood, the programs provide a welcoming and light hearted atmosphere for families to gain valuable information and insight to assist in raising their children, taking care of themselves and their relationships successfully.
Topics will include:
- Pregnancy information (with new parents sharing their experiences)
- Parenting Education sessions—early parenting education, toddlers, children, effective parenting course
- Healthy eating and exercise for children and adults
- Dental Health for children
- Support to reduce/quit smoking
- Women's health
- Men's health and MensLink referrals
- Natural fertility management (the Billings Ovulation Method™)
- Coping with stress - mental health issues - support to heal from hurt and pain
- Budgeting and managing finances
- First Aid
- Wills & Power of Attorney
- Keeping ourselves safe in our community
- Establishing boundaries for ourselves and our children
- Grandparents/carers—updates on new parenting ideas and skills
- Pampering—"looking after you" sessions
*Registration is essential.
For enquiries and registration please phone The Gianna Centre on 0419 496 443 or 5442 4644.